Some of you may not be aware of the following facts about India. These facts were published in a German magazine some years ago, which deals with WORLD HISTORY.
FACTS ABOUT INDIA.
- India never invaded any country in the last 1000 years of history.
- India invented the Number system. Aryabhatta invented ‘zero.’
- The world’s first University was established in Takshila in 700BC.
More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied
more than 60 subjects.
The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was
one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable
language for computer software.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
- Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty
striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was
once the most prosperous and wealthiest empire on earth.
- The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago.
- The very word “Navigation” is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
- The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained
the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean theorem. British
scholars have recently (1999) officially published that Budhayan’s works
dates to the 6th Century, which is long before the European mathematicians.
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were Devised by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106, whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
- According to the Gemmological Institute of America, up until 1896
India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
- USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion
amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was
Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
- The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Sushruta is considered the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract,fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India.
- When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers,
over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu
Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation).
- The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in